Today’s #StudioSelfieSaturday features the incredible still life artist Jorge Alberto. (Click here to see his work on our site!) Known for his incredibly realistic and three-dimensional compositions, this “trompe l’oeil” (meaning “trick of the eye”) artist excels at making viewers do a double-take. Jorge’s selfie shows him in the studio in front of the setup for a new painting (Or is it actually a painting?! Jorge’s work is so good, it can be hard to tell!)
Along with these selfies, our blog will also be using Studio Selfie Saturday as an opportunity to get to know our artists a little better with a mini interview, called “10 Questions for the Artist.” This week, we’re going to share Jorge’s answers along with answers from Mia Bergeron, whose selfie we shared a couple of weeks back! (Click here to see that post!)
“10 Questions for the Artist” : Jorge Alberto
- Paint is: my life
- Cats/Dogs? Cats
- Your first car: A Red Honda Civic
- Favorite painting music: Frederic Chopin best of Classical music
- Your “spirit animal”: The owl
- If you could time travel and witness an artist create their masterpiece, which work would you choose? Caravaggio
- All time favorite movie: a Japanese film titled “Departures”
- Place you’d love to travel to: Prague
- Morning person or night owl? Morning person.
- If I weren’t an artist, I think I’d be: a Psychologist.
“10 Questions for the Artist”: Mia Bergeron
- Paint is: a way for me to understand the world in which I live.
- Cats/Dogs? DOGS!
- Your first car: the one I’m driving now.
- Favorite painting music: pretty much everything except country (and I even love Dolly Parton, so even that doesn’t apply) depending on what I’m working on.
- Your “spirit animal”: owl
- If you could time travel and witness an artist create their masterpiece, which work would you choose? Michelangelo carving “The Captive Slave”
- All time favorite movie: right now, “Samsara”. It changes though.
- Place you’d love to travel to: Vietnam
- Morning person or night owl? night owl
- If I weren’t an artist, I think I’d be: a scout for Ted Talks.
Be sure to check back each week as we feature more about our incredible artists!