Buenos dias! This Saturday on our Studio Selfie Saturday post, we’re featuring a wonderful figurative painter named Alejandro Rosemberg. A native of Argentina, Alejandro currently lives and works in Buenos Aires. With a great regard for the classical techniques of the Old Masters, Alejandro creates vivid, beautifully lit portraits and figurative works that never fail to capture the imagination. The poignancy and emotional depth of each piece of artwork is matched by Alejandro’s remarkable technical skill as a painter. You can check out all of his available work here, and be sure to check his page again soon- we anticipate some new works in the near future!
It’s especially good timing to be sharing Alejandro’s selfie today, as it also gives us a chance to wish him a very happy birthday next week! Feliz cumpleaños, Alejandro!
10 Questions for the Artist: Alejandro Rosemberg
- Fill in the blank: Paint is everything!
- Cats/Dogs? Dogs
- Your first car: Ford Escort, color: Haven’t bought a car yet
- Favorite painting music: All kinds of music depending on the mood
- Your “spirit animal”: Not sure what that is…!?
- If you could time travel and witness an artist create their masterpiece, which work would you choose? I guess I would go visit Rembrandt
- All time favorite movie: I don’t have a favorite…the last one I saw which I liked was HER
- Place you’d love to travel to: I think Mexico is next on my list, haven’t been there yet…
- Morning person or night owl? Night owl
- If I weren’t an artist, I think I’d be maybe an engineer.